It is our distinct pleasure to share that the 27th Annual Master Teacher Awards will be presented on May 4, 2017, to 15 educators from the area at the Holiday Inn in Rock Island, Illinois. The teachers are being honored for their service and dedication to the education of our youth. The thirteen Master Teachers Award recipients join an elite class of 420 Master Teachers who have been recognized by The Dispatch/The Rock Island Argus newspapers since the inception of the awards program. The teachers being honored along with their families, peers, and community can be very proud of their accomplishments. They provide representation of the best among the thousands of educators who strive annually to educate youth of the many schools in Rock Island, Henry, Mercer, and Whiteside counties. Congratulations, to the following teachers as well as their schools and school districts:
- Darci Berry, AlWood Elementary School, AlWood School District #225
- Brenda Gates, Sherrard High School, Sherrard School District #200
- Julie Hansen, Rock Island Center for Math and Science, Rock Island-Milan School District #41
- Jennifer Johnson, Rock Island High School, Rock Island-Milan School District #41
- Patricia Matson, Rock Island High School, Rock Island-Milan School District #41
- Kim Myers, Wells Elementary School, East Moline School District #37
- Brynn Pauwels, Thomas Jefferson Elementary School, Rock Island-Milan School District #41
- Cathy Plasschaert, Alleman Catholic High School
- Ashley Reeves, Rock Island Academy, Rock Island-Milan School District #41
- Kim Resler, Wilson Middle School, Moline-Coal Valley School District #40
- Anna Ross, Wells Elementary School, East Moline School District #37
- Barb Safiran, Wethersfield Junior/Senior High School, Wethersfield School District #230
- Christine Swanson, Mercer County Intermediate School, Mercer County School District #404
- Missy Vail-Frakes, Kewanee High School, Kewanee School District #229
- Stacy Wilkinson, Longfellow Liberal Arts School, Rock Island-Milan School District #41
Thank you to each of the 15 educators receiving the Master Teacher Awards for your service to youth.
Please take note that Teacher Appreciation Week is occurring May 7-13, 2017 with National Teacher Day being observed on Tuesday, May 9, 2017. I would like to extend my appreciation to all educators for your dedication and service each and every day to the youth of Rock Island County.
I would also like to provide a friendly reminder that you may renew your educator license beginning April 1 and through June 30 of the last year of your renewal cycle. Please submit professional development clock hours in your Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) account. If you experience difficulty in the entry or submittal of information, please contact our office at 309-736-1111. We would be happy to assist you!
I would like to extend my gratitude for your dedication and service to students and families.
My warmest wishes to you for a joyous holiday season!
Student Loan Forgiveness: An archived webinar is available by ISBE to provide educators with the information regarding federal and state opportunities for Student Loan Forgiveness. http://isbe.net/licensure/html/webinar_archive.htm#t-2funds160518