Educator Licensure

If you have a teaching degree, you may be able to apply for an Illinois Teaching License. Contact Brandi for other information on professional educator teaching license or para information. 

How to create an ELIS account 
How to renew your PEL 
How to navigate ISBE website 
Entering professional development
List of approved Professional Development providers in Illinois
Licensure update form
Generic physical form 

Teacher Retirement System

Alternative Teaching Certification in Illinois

I'm excited to announce the University of Phoenix, Online Graduate Alternative Pathway to Teacher Certification for:  Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education! 

UOPX’s Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) programs provide a fast track (1 year) into teaching for individuals who hold a bachelor's degree outside of education. An added benefit is that the graduate coursework is transferable to the MAEd.  Students can choose to continue on and complete their Master's program. 

As you continue to recruit new educators for the school year, please share this program.  Please note that the ROE is not affiliated with the Phoenix program, *to receive 10% off tuition cost, you must first contact Renee Romo or call (312)659-8475

Teaching Concentrations: 

Elementary education (K-8th grade) (23 credits)

Secondary education (6th -12th grade) (23 credits) 

Special education (K-12th grade) (24 credits) 


Teaching Intern Certificate Pathway

Adding a certification such as special education 

23-24 credits 

$486 per credit (includes the 10% off) 

Credits transferable to the aligned MAEd program

Complete in approx 1 year 

Financial aid eligible  

10% off tuition cost *