To qualify for an Educator License with stipulations endorsed for Paraprofessional you must be at least 19 years of age and one of the following three options must be demonstrated:
1. Completed 60 semester hours of college credit at a regionally accredited institution of higher education (evidence is an official transcript) OR
2. Obtained an associate degree (or higher) at a regionally accredited institution of higher education (evidence is an official transcript) OR
3. Meet a formal State assessment by ONE Of the following means:
1. Passed the TS ParaPro assessment with a score of 460 or higher (evidence is an official score report) for registration information to schedule this test please call Brandi or Julie at 309/736-1111)
2. Passed the applicable ACT WorkKeys assessments (applied Mathematics-4, Reading for Information-4, Writing/Business Writing-3)
1. A submitted application and fee in the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) and
2. Evidence of a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent (GED) is necessary if you do not have the college semester hours; and
3. One of the following:
*Official transcript(s) from a regionally accredited college or university; OR
*A copy of the ETS ParaPro score report (460 or higher) OR
*A copy of the WorkKeys score report (applied Mathematics-4, Reading for Information-4, Writing/Business Writing-3)
To be official, transcripts must be submitted in an envelope sealed by the college or university or be sent directly by the institution. Transcripts received that are not in a sealed envelope from the university or not sent directly from the university will be considered unofficial and cannot be used for evaluation purposes.
A $100 application fee is required and will be paid online at www.isbe.net when the application is submitted. Once license is issued you will need to go in and pay the registration fee of $30.00 and register the license to the County.
NEW At this time there is a 3-year short term Para license that you can apply for called an STA. Please use this link to go to ISBE and apply for this license STA License You will need to upload a copy of your high school diploma when applying and will need to either take the test or get the 60 credit hours within the 3 year term.
The Parapro test is given at the RIROE on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9 AM or 1:00 PM. Note: You are given 2 1/2 hours to take the test. You must schedule your test please call 309/736-1111, the cost for the Parapro test is $65.00 cash. You can pay with a debit or credit card but there is an additional $3.00 fee for this service. If you would like some study material for the ParaPro test click here
Please submit your documentation (transcripts, Parapro test scores, diploma) to:
Regional Office of Education
Attn: Brandi Schwanke
3430 Avenue of the Cities
Moline, IL 61265
If you would like to try a practice test click here
For more information on the Parapro test click here